Time and tide wait for no man…similarly so do wrinkles, fine lines, spot and ageing skin, which lose its shine, suppleness and tightness, making it appear dull and lifeless. However, in some cases, the skin tends to age prematurely due to a number of factors namely overexposure to the harsh ultra violet rays of the sun, improper nourishment, pregnancy, smoking, stress, dehydration and sudden weight loss. There are quite a few remedies that you can perform at home to regain your natural skin texture.
1 . Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. The high amount of vitamin E present in coconut oil lubricates as well as nourishes skin cells and tissues. Also, it has linoleic acid that can reconnect broken skin tissues and delay the formation of crow’s-feet, fine lines and sagging skin that usually happens with age.
- Gently rub a few drops of pure extra virgin coconut oil on the skin around your eyes each night before going to sleep.
- Also try to use coconut oil for cooking to enjoy its beauty benefits.
Milk can be used to diminish the appearance of short wrinkles around your eyes. Milk contains glycolic acid that helps exfoliate dead skin cells and promotes the production of collagen in the skin.
- Start drinking milk regularly to enjoy glowing and healthy skin.
- Soak a clean cloth in milk and simply place it on the affected skin area. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse off your skin with cold water. Repeat the process twice daily.
- Add a few drops of almond oil to a large bowl of cold milk. Soak two bread slices in the milk. Put the bread slices in a piece of cloth and place one over each of your eyes. Leave them on for 10 to 20 minutes. Use this homemade compress once daily for several days to see positive results.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites help tighten skin, making them a great choice for reducing the appearance of crow’s-feet.
- Beat one egg white until you get a foamy consistency. Apply the egg white on the outside of the eye area and along the cheekbones. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then clean the area using a cotton ball soaked in cold water. Do this twice a week.
- Alternatively, after washing your face with a mild soap, liberally apply one egg white over your entire face. Allow it to dry completely, and then apply another layer. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Dry your face with a soft towel and then use some moisturizer. Do this once or twice a week, but not more than that.
4. Sandalwood Mask
Pure sandalwood paste exfoliates your skin and tightens sagging skin, while delivering a natural glowing look. Sandalwood is one of the most amazing natural treatments that helps to do away with acne, dry spots, oily skin, sweat, and more. Instead of purchasing the powder, it is advised that you rub the stick against a solid mortar or a rough surface with water to make a paste of sandalwood.
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E, a strong antioxidant, is essential for regeneration of new skin cells that can help keep the skin plump and moisturized. Also, it can tighten the skin around the eyes to reduce the appearance of deep lines.
- Break open two vitamin E capsules and put the contents in a bowl.
- Apply the liquid onto the wrinkles around your eyes.
- Gently massage for a few minutes.
- Do this every night before going to bed.
- Remain hydrated. Drink eight glasses of water everyday
- Get your eight hours of beauty sleep
- Use a strong SPF fifteen or thirty (sun protection factor) sunscreen, for protection from the harsh UV rays
- Use natural oils like jojoba, grape seed and avocado
- Quit smoking and drinking
- Exercise regularly for a well-toned look
- Eat healthy. Take a diet rich in antioxidants containing vitamins A, C and E, to help combat free radicals, which may destroy skin cells.
- Exfoliate skin
- Facial massage at regular intervals
- Moisturise skin everyday
- Use an astringent
- Avoid sudden weight loss
- Avoid exposure to sun for prolonged periods
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid soaps containing harsh chemicals like sulphates
- Avoid highly processed junk food
Aslo published on Home Remedies